1. "Sanjay Gandhi role in State Politics began when Chief Minister Zail Singh of Punjab invited him to Fazilka. Chief Minister Bansi Lal of Haryana, in his bid to outdo Zail Singh, arranged a bigger reception for Sanjay and Chandigarh. So began Sanjay Journey from Fazilka to Chandigarh to Vishakhapatnam in the south until he had been to the country all over" - V. Vasudeva, Two Faces of Indira Gandhi (New Delhi 1977)
2. Gazal Maestro Mehndi Hassan started to perform at a young age and the first concert of dhrupad and kheyal with his elder brother is reported to have been held in Fazilka Bungla, near present D.C. House/Badha Lake (1935) district Fazilka of Undivided Punjab.
3. From July 23, 1934 to July 23, 1949 generation and supplying of electricity in Fazilka was with Fazilites private company "Fazilka Electric Supply Company Limited" jointly owned by Harbhagwan Nanda and Harcharan Dass. Later Harbhagwan Nanda's Son Rajan Nanda married to Ritu Kapoor Nanda, a daughter of famous bollywood actor Raj Kapoor. Presently Rajan Nanda is a Chairman of Escort Group. Rajan and Ritu Nanda's Son Mr Nikhil Nanda is a presently a Joint Managing Director of Escorts Group and a Husband of Shweta Nanda, son in law of Amitabh Bacchan.
4. Five Fazilite have been awarded with Padma Award, highest civilian honour of the country. Late Kanwar Surinder Singh Bedi awarded twice, Padamshri in 1966 and Padam Bhushan in 1972 for playing an important role as deputy commissioner Amritsar during Two wars with Pakistan. Famous veteran singer and actor Fazilite Pushpa Hans in the year 2007 was awarded with Padamshri. World Famous Neurosurgeon Fazilite Dr Jagjit Singh Chopra was awarded with Padam Bhushan in the year 2008 for their valuable contribution in the field of Medicine and in the year 2009 Bhai Nirmal Singh Ragi awarded with PadamShri.
5. Guru Nanak Dev Ji paid his visit to Fazilka during (1517-1521). His final longest journey (Udassi) lasted over four years towards west mainly Baghdad, Mecca and Medina. Bedi clan at Fazilka is the successor of Guru Nanak Dev Ji and Captain M.S. Bedi is 17th direct decedent of Guru Nanak Dev Ji family.
6. Haryana Urdu Academy constituted scholarship to the name of the veteran Urdu poet, Fazilite late Kunwar Mohinder Singh Bedi 'Sahar', for his outstanding contribution in the field of Urdu literature. He also remained Vice-Chancellor of Taraqqui-e-Urdu Board. In the year 2002, Late Gazal Singer Padam bhushan Jagjit Singh launched a music album title "Forget me not", a tribute to the veteran poet, the late Kunwar Mohinder Singh Bedi 'Sahar', whose creations constitute eight ghazals in the album. Super Cassettes Industries also announced award in the memory of Kunwar Sahib "Kunwar Mohinder Singh Bedi Award" for the talented, up- coming poet.
7. Two most famous and glamour bollywood actress Mandira Bedi and Malaika Arora Khan have their ancestral route in Fazilka. Mandira is a granddaughter of famous Fazilite Urdu Poet Kunwar Mohinder Singh Bedi "Sahar". Actress Malaika Arora father Mr Anil Arora born and brought up in Fazilka before joining Merchant Navy.
8. The famous Punjabi dance style "Jhummar" was invented in Fazilka by Baba Pokhar Singh (1916-2002) of Fazilka.
9. Lance Nayak Drugpal Singh of Rajput Regiment was awarded with Mahavir Chakra during 1971 Indo-Pak War in Fazilka Sector.
10. After Saunders murder on 17th December 1928 at Lahore, Shaheed-e-Azam Bhagat Singh escaped and reached to Village Danewala of Fazilka Tehsil, where he hides himself.
11. "We walked night and day. There were men and women of all ages and all conditions. Many could not stand the strain. They-mostly women and children-were left on the road. I reached a place called Fazilka, in Indian Territory, and discovered that another refugee column in which my father and other relatives had set out had fared much worse. They had been attacked by Muslim mobs on their way: Only 40 or 50 had survived out of 400 or 500 and even these were in hospitals. My aunt had been killed, more than a hundred girls were abducted, and my father rescued from a heap of the dead. ...While in Fazilka, we saw other refugee columns coming in; one of them he says was 'forty miles long', and in another marched " five hundred women who had been stripped naked.......I saw women with their breasts, noses, ears and cheeks cut........one of them told me how her child was roasted and she was asked to partake of the same.....another was ravished in the presence of her husband who was kept tied to a tree. — Stated under oath by Madanlal Pahwa during the Mahatama Gandhi Murder Trial, part of a seven member gang who wanted to kill the Mahatma Gandhi.
12. Mian Manzoor Ahmad Wattoo served thrice as Speaker of Pakistan-Punjab Assembly during 1985-88, 1988-90 and 1990-93 and functioned thrice as Chief Minister, Punjab during 1993, 1993-95 and 1996; and is presently serving as Federal Minister for Industries and Production is a Grandson of Mian Fazil Watto; Fazilka named after him. Fazilka City Established in Year 1844 By Britisher Mr. Oliver After Purchasing Land from Mian Fazil Watoo (Lambardar) at the payment of Rs. 144/- and Anna Eight, and our city Name is Placed after His Name
13. After partition of India and Pakistan, lovers of Fazilka in Pakistan; to mark their love and affection for the motherland founded "Fazilka Islamia High School" at Pakpattan.
14. Ex. Prime Minister of India Late Smt. Late Indira Gandhi, Late Shri Rajiv Gandhi and Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Visited our City in Year 1971, 1977 & 1984 respectively.
15. Fazilka Tilla Jutii is registered as a Geographical Indicator to the Name of Fazilka under Patent Act of India. Fazilka Tilla Jutti was the First Choice of Ex. President of India Late Giani Jail Singh, Ex. Chief Minister of Punjab Late Shiri Partap Singh Kairo, Late Shiri Beant Singh Ji and Late Shiri Darbara Singh. Presently Fazilka Tilla Jutti is the the first choice of Badal Family, and Shiri Sukbir Badal, M.P. Faridkot visit every year Fazilka to buy Jutti. Many Bollywood stars and singers mainly Gurdass Mann, Juhi Chawla likes Fazilka Jutti.
16. Veteran sportsperson from Fazilka Sardar Gurbachan Singh Brar from Fazilka was the Former Indian Hockey Team Captain in the Year 1950.
17. Before Partition Fazilka Was the Biggest Wool Market in the Asia and it was established by British as one of the main trading Town. British named 10 steamer ships to the name of their favorite trading town and they named First Single Cylinder Steam Ship of the World "FAZILKA" in the year 1890 (South Africa).
18. Fazilite Meeran Chadha Borwankar, IPS is the first female Police Commissioner in India at present posted as Commissioner Pune Police. Another daughter of this small town Ms Nitu Bhattacharya (Thatai), Commandant 88 CRPF, Women Battalion, Head of Only Women Battalion in the Country